Hey Product Hunters,
Vu here. We first launched Open Design on PH about 5 months ago. Since then, we’ve talked with many of you and built a whole host of new features that we’re launching today.
To give you a quick reminder, Open Design allows you to import Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Photoshop, and Illustrator designs and get all kinds of data from them. You don’t even need the original design tool (goodbye Mac servers running sketchtool)! You can do things like:
– Get text (or basically anything else)
– Extract assets
– Export shapes (even complex ones)
– Convert the design to a completely different format
Until now, the REST API was the only way to access Open Design. Drum roll, please… ????????????
Today, I’m super excited to launch Open Design SDK for Node.js developers. ????
Here’s what you can do with the SDK:
– Render: generate images from individual layers or entire artboards
– Support for Adobe XD: XD joins Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, and Photoshop as supported formats
– Get design data quickly: helper methods are included to help you quickly find and get the data you need
– TypeScript types included: interact with design data with more confidence with types
Also, there’s explainer articles, how-to guides, and a full tutorial in the docs.
If you have any exciting ways to use Open Design, I’d love to hear them! Our team is also going to hang around all day to answer any questions or help you get started.
– Vu Hoang Anh